Thursday, May 31, 2012

Never say never, right?

We recently added an item to our household which I swore I'd never purchase.  Never say never, right?  A digital picture frame now sits in our living room and artfully scrolls through a long list of family photos.  I'm not against pictures or anything, I just thought, ok, who's gonna sit around and stare at a picture frame?  And if they do, doesn't that sort of stilt conversation?  And if they don't aren't you left wondering why they didn't comment on your lovely children in the photos?  It's just weird.

Then I went to a friend's house who has one of these scrolling all the time and I found myself watching the pictures turn whenever she left the room and it suddenly dawned on me---these are like magazines at the doctor's office!  They're time fillers when you're in somebody else's territory and don't have anything to do but look around.  You know you've been there, staring at the walls, examining your hangnails, counting the crayon marks on the wall, wondering, "Did they just go to bathroom or are they in there repainting?"  So, of course then I had to have one and found the perfect item (by that I mean the cheap, but still decent looking one) on one of my favorite websites, http://www.1saleaday.com/

It's kind of an odd website, there are only a few items each day and sometimes they're a good deal, sometimes just an ok deal, so you have to know what the item is going for.  But I found a nice, good sized digital frame with lots of memory that actually has its own email address so I can email photos straight to it from my pc or phone.  Pretty cool, huh?  I then proceeded to load it with tons of photos lost in the depths of the "My Pictures" folder and now it scrolls non stop.

These are a few of the photos I put on there:



My Fuzzy baby, Sadie
Know how to get grins like these?  Don't tell 'em to say cheese...
Tell 'em to say "I farted!!!"

The cutest lil boy on the planet....
My nephew Russell.  He thinks Aunt Drea is wonderful...
really...just ask him :)
And my Ghost hunters, hoping to nab a few ghastly ghouls at the Carowinds Haunted Mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment