Thankfully, this week we've had VBS at church. The King is Coming! Did ya'll know that??? The kids have had a chance to learn about God's creation, the fall of man, the covenant God made with us and God's plan for salvation. As we crossed the parking lot Tuesday night, Simon said, "Mom, this has been the best vacation bible school ever!" As official VBS photographer, I can verify that the kids are having a good time.
Here is Meredith and Laci enjoying snacktime together and Simon and his bud Elijah pausing from the dodgeball game to smile for me.
Also, yesterday we had the Everharts over for some playtime. Rachel and I got to have a nice, long visit, catching up on all the happenings, and the kids paired up and had a great time together all day. Simon rarely gets playtime with other boys and he and Dustin had a big 'ol time playing Batman and Diddykong together. You'd never have known Meredith and Jancy were in the house if not for the occasional fashion show, and Laura and Emilee spent time outside and playing the wii. We figured Laura and Emilee, being the oldest girls, probably had tons to compare about all the ways they are required to help out at home. I tell Laura, "Just think of all the stuff you'll know how to do when you have your own family." But I think she'd rather know how to do more fun stuff. ;)
We are counting the days now until we leave for the beach and I'm counting the pennies around here so that we have funding for the things we like to do while we're there. We're not big beach spenders though, thankfully! I'm in the camp that says the beach is the attraction. We come for the waves, the sand, the pools and the freedom from time constraints. Give me a few good books and plenty of sunscreen and I'm good to go. Andy, on the other hand, gets antsy without activity. In his line of work there is constant demand on his time. Lazy days at the beach leave him restless. Soooo...a little funding for a few side activities is never a bad idea. I'm praying for good weather, good attitudes and many memory making moments.
Hey girl, didn't know you were blogging but I'm glad I found ya. It's fun ...
ReplyDeleteNot much summer left, but call us if you guys get too bored.
Beth B.